The Library is open during the whole school day, plus for sessions before and after school on most days.
Students are welcome to use the Library in any of their free time, and the Library is a relaxed hive of activity at break and lunchtimes, with pupils reading, browsing and borrowing books, completing homework, chatting over magazines or games of chess, battleships or even jenga.
During lesson times, groups of students use the library for research, project work, reader development, and sixth formers frequently use the library for quiet work in their study periods.
Before and after school the library is for quiet working, homework completion and book borrowing.
The HOMEWORK CLUB – offering friendly help with homework – also runs in the library Tuesday – Friday after school for an hour.
Library Opening times:
Mon-Thurs 8.00am – 4.00pm
Friday 8.00am – 3.00pm
Mrs C Rosenberg
Phone: 01189 781144 x 224
- Students may borrow up to three books at any time.
- Book Club members are allowed to borrow extra ones.
- Books must be taken to the library counter to be borrowed and returned.
- Books are loaned out for a period of 3 weeks.
- Students can reserve books that are out on loan.
- A book can be renewed to give a student longer to finish it, provided another student is not waiting to borrow it.
- Books can be renewed once online, then need to be brought back to the library counter for any further renewals.