|Maths and Computing|
St Crispin’s School was given ‘Maths and Computing’ status in 2003. Initial funding enabled us to fully equip the maths department with interactive whiteboards and provide overhead projectors across the school.
The specialism has given us the opportunity to work closely with our feeder schools with Maths and ICT teachers visiting the schools once a week to deliver challenging topics to gifted year 5&6 pupils. Results have increased for GCSE and A Level and new subjects such as further maths and the CISCO network academy programme have been added to the curriculum.
The objective of the specialism is to be a centre of excellence and innovation for Mathematics and Computing both within the local community and beyond.
We have five specific objectives as a school
1. Increased participation in Maths and Computing
2. Improved learning of all groups in Maths
3. Improved learning of all groups in IT
4. Improve learning across the curriculum through use of IT
5. Improved learning of maths and computing in the community