|Student Leadership Programme|
Head team for 2012 – 2013
Head Boy: James Balshaw
Head Girl: Kerrie Barnes
Deputy Head boy: Rob Desson
Deputy head girl: Hannah Poland
Head of Charity committee: Rob Calderon
· New Year 10 prefects have been elected and are attending a team building event at Oakwood Youth Centre on Monday, 9 July.
· Students from Year 8 and Year 12 have observed lessons and their feedback has been used to improve independent learning in lessons.
· Year 10 Maths leaders have run a Maths challenge event for Year 5 students from local primary schools.
· Year 6 students are attending a leadership training day at St Crispin’s school on Friday 6 July. They will also have the opportunity to go to Oakwood Youth Centre and participate in activities there.
· Students from Year 7, 8 ,9, 10 and 12 are being trained to be on an interview panel for the appointment of the new head teacher.
· Media Studies leaders and IT leaders are running a research project to determine the views of the student body of the current prefect system and how to improve it.
· The student council is working on a project to tackle bullying in school.
· PE leaders are working on a project to raise money for a sports charity.
Tutor Friend project
The school council are launching the ‘Tutor Friend’ project. Each tutor group in Year 7, 8 and 9 in September will have a ‘friend’. This person will be in the tutor group once a fortnight and will build relationships with the students. The idea is that the students in the lower year groups will have someone other than a teacher to talk to about various issues, including bullying. This would also mean that they would have someone on the playground that they could talk to during break/lunch.
Students currently in Year 9 will be linked with a Year 7 group, current Year 10s will be linked with a year 8 group and current Year 11s will be linked with a Year 9 tutor group. Training will be offered to the students in September by someone from ARC.
Students who are currently in Year 9, 10 and 11 are invited to apply to be part of this project. The application forms can be collected from Miss Longhurst in the Maths department or downloaded from the link below.
The successful candidates will be informed by Friday 13 July. Students are allowed to work in pairs, in other words, two people can be assigned to a tutor group.