* All young people have the legal right to;
- have their Special Educational Needs, identified and fully assessed.
- have access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum which is differentiated to meet their educational needs.
- We aim to:- (both academic and non-academic)
* help every young person reach their full potential and optimise their self-esteem.
* enable all staff to play a part in identifying Special Educational Needs and take responsibility for meeting their individual needs for all young people.
* encourage the whole community to develop and demonstrate a positive attitude towards Special Educational Needs.
* encourage and support young people to participate in all decision making process in relation to their education and that views are sought and taken into account.
* follow a graduated approach to Special Educational Needs where appropriate actions are matched to the need of each young person, taking into account their wishes and the wishes of their parents.