Our staff offer a great deal of support to students both inside and outside the classroom. Targeted support is available to all students, whether aspiring to university or to the world of work. Support could focus on coursework, writing CVs or UCAS personal statements. A tailor-made programme is also available for those students who are seeking a place at Oxford, Cambridge or a Russell Group university. We have also successfully supported students applying to universities abroad. All students are given the help they need and more besides!
Life after School
Our interest in each individual extends beyond life at school. Ultimately we seek to develop the potential of each student in order that he/she might be in a position to take advantage of opportunities later in life. We are committed to guiding our students through the maze of options on offer and helping them choose the most suitable path. Advice ranges from guidance on career choices to interview techniques and completion of application forms. Our experience, with support from the ‘Adviza Service’, ensures that our students leave school ready to face the future. This support includes:
- Visits from employers and ex-students currently on apprenticeships
- Assemblies held with speakers from The National Grid, CGI, Microsoft and HP Enterprise who provide advice on entry requirements, job and study responsibilities within the companies and average starting salaries at each point of the programme
- Volunteer groups who will introduce possibilities for community action
- Visits from local employers who present opportunities for post A Level or university
- Supporting students as Learning Support Assistants