Why Study Health & Social Care?
Health and Social Care gives students the underlying knowledge in:
- Understanding the structures of Health and Social Care
- The Care Values of Health and Social Care
- Understanding the health risks that people take and how these can be addresses by health promotion
- Client Needs and knowledge of how to empower them
- Barriers affecting individuals accessing services
- Human relationships, development and growth through all the life stages
- Social and emotional influences on health and well-being.
Human Lifespan Development (30% internally assessed)
Human growth and development;
The factors affecting growth and development;
The development of self-concept;
Life changes and sources of support.
Health and Social Care Values and Services (30% internal assessment)
Care needs of individuals;
Types of care services;
The ways of obtaining care services and the barriers to access;
The main work roles and skills of people who provide health, social care and children’s services; the principles of care.
Health and Wellbeing (40% externally assessed)
What is a healthy person
Factors affecting health and well being
Health and wellbeing improvement plan, which includes targets and recommendations.
Health and Social care will enable students to develop skills in:
- Team Work
- Time management
- Study skills
- Organisational skills
- Insight into careers within Health and Social Care settings
- Understanding the needs of others
- Assessment, Planning and Evaluation
- Individual academic and personal growth and development
Opportunities after BTEC Level 2 Health and Social Care
Health and Social Care is an exciting, practical and diverse course which will support all students who wish to have a career within the field of Health, Social Care and Education
Following successful completion of the BTEC Level 2 students will have opportunities in:
Further Health and Social Care study at Key stage 5.
This course will support students in accessing further studies at college and accessing the world of work. All the skills learnt throughout this course will support students in their future academic and personal development.
Any questions regarding this subject should be directed to Mrs Pedder – email@example.com