Students across key stage three follow a balanced curriculum within English focusing on improving their writing, reading, speaking and listening. Students are taught in sets, so that teaching and resources are appropriate and challenge their ability.
During Year 7 and 8 students should expect to:
- Study at least two shared class readers, including plays
- Study a selection of poetry
- Analyse media texts
- Read and write a variety of non-fiction texts e.g. advertisements, newspaper articles, autobiographies, reports, reviews etc
- Undertake extended creative writing tasks
- Prepare and present specific speaking and listening activities.
To view the Key Stage 3 Reading Assessment Criteria for English – pkease click here
To view the Key Stage 3 Writing Assessment Criteria for English – please click here
To view ther Year 7 Programme of Study – please click here
To view the Year 8 Programme of Study – please click here
To view the Year 9 Programme of Study – please click here